[gnome-bluetooth] gnome-vfs obexftp scheme

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Jan 11 12:45:05 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:36 +0100, Arnaud Casteigts wrote:
> Hi list,
> as assistant professors at the french university of Bordeaux, we plan to
> give the students (master graduate in networks) the opportunity to
> contribute to a free project such as yours.
>
> The first idea we had was to work on ObexFS (now part of openobex
> project), but it was already done. So we are thinking about integration
> in gnome (kde already has its own) via gnome-bluetooth & gnome-vfs.
>
> It would be great if some of you could give us some indication on:
> -integration choice (from scratch, using obexftp etc..)
> -things that have already been done
> -why gnome-vfs directory has been deleted in the CVS repository
> etc..

The gnome-vfs directory in gnome-bluetooth was to list the devices, not
for obex-ftp.

> Thanks a lot, the project will begin shortly (about one week)

I have an unfinished gnome-vfs ObexFTP version which I could make
available. It uses the obexftp library, and openobex. It lists files
correctly, and can copy files, but you can't get two listings with the
same connection for some reason. I guess it's a bug in the underlying
libraries.

Nokia have also made one for the Nokia 770, but it's still not
available.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put
grass up there" - Brian Clough, on the importance of passing the ball to
feet.