[gnome-bluetooth] Big changes in CVS

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Mon Jun 13 11:26:52 BST 2005

Hello crew,

gnome-phone-manager in CVS now sports evolution-data-server integration,
and uses gnokii instead of libgsm as the backend.

The main thing that it means is that we'll need loads of testing, and
plenty of additional data.

Unless you have a Nokia 6310i (ie. the same phone as me), you will need
to:
- Run gnokii-identify from libgsm/ in the sources. The argument is the
bluetooth address of the device.
This will give you the name of your phone as it advertises it (mine says
"Nokie 6310i" for example. Once you have that name, look up in gnokii
which driver you should be using. As there's no easy table, or anything
Google and the gnokii mailing-list archives will help you.

If your phone can use a driver other than "AT-HW", you will need to add
it to the driver/model list in libgsm/phonemgr-utils.c
At the end of phonemgr_utils_init_hash_tables(), you will add a line
such as:
g_hash_table_insert (driver_model, "Model reported by gnokii-identify",
"driver to use");

Recompile, reinstall, and you're done. Send the changes you made to the
list, and we'll commit those.

Awaiting all your patches.

Cheers

Note: If you have a phone connected via serial, USB, or infra-red, don't
despair, I'll fix the program to recognise those soon.
---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I'm sorry if they don't like it. They should go back and see The Matrix
or something. -- George Lucas (on Episode I)